10 Reasons to List During the Holidays
November 9th, 2010 \\ Blog, News, Real Estate \\ Tagged: brentwood, buying a home in tn, franklin, lavergne, middle tennessee real estate, murfreesboro, real estate, selling a home in tn, smyrna, tennessee
1) People who look for a home during the holidays are more serious.
2) Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays and less competition means more money for you the seller.
3) Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you.
4) Houses typically show better and smell better when decorated for the holidays!
5) Buyers are more emotional during the holidays so they are more likely to pay your price.
6) Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during a work week.
7) January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since tranferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that end of the market.
8) You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the week of the holidays.
9) You can sell now for more money and we will can negotiate the occupancy for after the holidays so not to disrupt that time for your family.
10) By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started! Contact me today to schedule an appointment to discuss listing your house this holiday season!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.